Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pre-production progress, wrapping up February

Having a prototype definitely enabled me to get my point across to RPCVs that maybe are so technologically sound. I've had great responses so far from the survey that I sent out to all three chapters of the North Carolina Peace Corps associations across the state. Being prepared and having something to show really paid off; now if I can only get some photos.

I've decided to focus this solely on NC RPCVs instead of trainees because I believe that they will stumble upon the website anyways and be able to reach out through it to RPCVs around North Carolina.

I've decided to code the entire site instead of using Wordpress as a content manager, that way I will have 100% free reign over the entire site and it will add a different element to my portfolio. I think the word 'outreach' encompasses the idea of the entire site and I think I'll be using that in the domain name.

The software I will be utilizing will be: Illustrator, Coda, Photoshop, Google docs and After Effects. I will also be using FTP to upload my website and troubleshoot any issues that happening. Overall I feel like production is at a steady rate and I am moving along well. Staying organized and on top of things will benefit me in the long run and will make me have a better, more complete project in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment